Corlytics Internship Programme 2018 - all you need to know
Legal and Regulatory Intern Analyst 2018
Reporting to the Head of Legal, successful candidates will work on a number of regulatory risk issues autonomously in a dynamic environment.
Deadlines can be tight but the work is stimulating and varied.
The work will typically involve:
- Maintaining an awareness of best practice within the regulatory risk environment and related industries globally
- Assessing and analysing regulatory intelligence data and metrics
- Preparation and review of various ad-hoc regulatory intelligence requests including interpretation of requirements, sourcing and production of information and/or preparation of related advices
- Working closely with colleagues within the Company, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
*Please note the above list is not exhaustive
- Must be a penultimate, final year, postgraduate or recent graduate
- Have an excellent tertiary academic record (2.1 or higher), preferably in Economics, Law, Finance or closely related disciplines
- Possesses excellent analytical skills, such that they are able to:
- clearly identify and understand regulatory and compliance policies;
- undertake legal, regulatory and policy analysis;
- Can synthesise complex technical, regulatory, and commercial issues into a form suitable for use in Corlytics’ regulatory risk intelligence tool.
- Can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills such that they are able to:
- present, or assist senior staff to present, regulatory risk advice to decision makers;
- assume a delegated responsibility where required to represent the Company’s views to other organisations and in public and private forums
- Possesses self-management skills and motivation
- Experience and/or interest in banking and financial services regulation will be a distinct advantage
- Fluency in a second European Language will also be an advantage.
Corlytics offers an exciting opportunity to be work with a world-leader in the Regtech industry. We offer a competitive package to successful applicants, the ability to grow within the Regtech industry together with options for further professional study and advancement.
- Unique and challenging exposure to regulatory risk analytics and banking and financial markets law
- Working with computer experts, regulatory risk analysts and experienced lawyers in a fast paced and dynamic workplace
- Specific study entitlements and the prospects of maintaining academic and practical awareness in the regulatory sphere
- Huge prospects for career advancement
At the end of the internship you will be assessed for a full-time Legal and Regulatory Analyst position (full review and detailed feedback on all aspects of your internship. It is our experience here at Corlytics that many of our employees started as interns.
On the application form, as well as looking for looking for your basic details and strong academic credentials, we also want to know more about you. We value a variety of qualities such as work ethic, relationship building, commercial insight, leadership, delivering results, strong communication skills and passion for a career in Regtech.
A great CV can demonstrate any relevant work experience. Prospective interns can demonstrate relevant skills by outlining any previous legal, finance, economics or business experience but also any part-time work undertaken during university. Make sure your CV is up to date and refined for the internship position.
Use the application form to show why you are the best candidate for the role and show your research and creative skills in the topical question.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be able to demonstrate why you have applied to Corlytics and what skills you have which will make you a great intern.